Moving On Moving Forward!
Being in love is a fantastic feeling and breaking up is the absolute worst. Unfortunately, for most of us, one follows the other. There is not so much you can do to prevent heart break but there are things you can do to help reduce the pain. Try these:
1. Stay busy busy busy! Nothing helps more that keeping your mind occupied. An empty mind is a devils workshop. You will be inundated with thoughts of him or her. Pick a new hobby or a book or clean your room. Whatever works for you.
2. Exercise: it releases endorphins and thats a good thing. Its a mood lifter. Plus you will get fitter. The gym or the play field is also a good place to meet new people.
3. Go out: meet new people, hang out with friends. Wallowing in self pity alone doesn't help.
4. Do not look at old photos, texts, emails etc: there is a time for this, just not now. Right now you need to move away from those thoughts.
5. Do not call or text or message: staying in touch right now will not help anyone. You will feel miserable. Stay away from your phone for some time.
6. Do not blame yourself or examine every aspect of your relationship: break ups happen, they are horrible but they are also a fact of life. Try not getting stuck on the why. Trying to comprehend what happened or why won't really help. After all, at this stage, is there anything your ex could say or do that would change how you feel? Instead, think about what next. You can self examine when you are in a better place. It will also be more constructive later.
7. Move on and moving forward: do not stay stuck in the same place that’s getting you nowhere. Face your grief, give yourself a day to feel bad and then be done with it. So move forward!Take one day at a time and plan a fantastic busy day for your self.
8. Remember its darkest before the storm: it will get better, you will fall in love again.