Dealing With a Bad Day
We all have lousy days occasionally when everything seems to go wrong, and nothing goes right. Just the slightest thing can spoil a perfectly planned day, and have it whirl out of control- an argument with someone, bad weather, bad news, or a bad grade.
- Write down what happened and this could give a release of pent up anger or disappointment surrounding the situation
- Distract yourself with something you like doing (listening to music, arts, watching tv?
- Although studies suggest that staying in contact with others during a rough patch helps to boost mood, I find that when I isolate myself for a while and recharge, I'm able to cope much better with the situation (find what method works for you)
- Everything is better when you sleep- chances are, you will feel better after a nap
- Look at the positives of the day. Yes you had a bad day but you looked nice today
- Prepare for tommorrow. A bad day does not mean a bad life and there is always hope that the next day will be extra fantastic!